Gender Recognition Certificate: list of medical practitioners in gender dysphoria

List of doctors and psychologists who can provide medical reports for Gender Recognition Certificate applications.



When you apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate, you need to provide a medical report written by a doctor or psychologist specialising in gender dysphoria.

Doctors must be registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) and have a licence to practice. If your medical report was written before 16 November 2009, they only need to be registered with the GMC.

Psychologists must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.

You can use the list to find a medical practitioner specialising in gender dysphoria. This is not a full list and you do not have to use someone from this list.

Published 8 June 2022
Last updated 2822 JulySeptember 2022 + show all updates
  1. Added TransPlus to the London section

  2. New doctors for Welsh clinic.

  3. First published.