Find a UK-regulated agent to verify information for an overseas entity

A list of some of the UK-regulated agents who have an agent assurance code and can complete verification checks on beneficial owners of an overseas entity.



The Register of Overseas Entities came into force on 1 August 2022. Overseas entities who want to buy, sell or transfer property or land in the UK, must register with Companies House and tell us who their registrable beneficial owners or managing officers are.

A UK-regulated agent must complete verification checks on all beneficial owners and managing officers of an overseas entity before it can be registered with Companies House.

They must be based in the UK and supervised under the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017. They can be an individual or a corporate entity, such as a financial institution or legal professional.

For guidance, see Register an overseas entity and its beneficial owners and Agent assurance codes for registering an overseas entity.

This is not a complete list of UK-regulated agents with an assurance code. Other agents are available. Companies House does not endorse or accept any liability for these agents, or for any services they provide.

Published 9 November 2022
Last updated 1825 May 2023 + show all updates
  1. Additional UK-regulated agents have been added.

  2. Added a line to explain that this is not an exhaustive list of UK-regulated agents.

  3. New agents have been added.

  4. First published.