A weekly summary of the latest HM Courts and Tribunals Service operational position for users. We aim to update this every Friday at 4pm.
We email our weekly operational update to our subscribers on Sunday evenings, and share on social media on Monday mornings. Follow us on Twitter to check for daily or urgent updates.
HMCTS operational summary for week commencing Monday
1 August 2022
Next week’s update will be issued on Friday
5 August 2022.
We published new guidanceon broadcasting sentencing hearings by the media in the Crown Court . Updated: The government has announced plansto help resolve civil legal disputes away from court through free mediation .
- Reminder: On Monday 18 July 2022 we opened our fifth and final Service Centre (CTSC) in Newport.
Reminder: HMCTS and the City of London Corporation have now exchanged the Agreement for Lease on the new City of London Law Courts. The purpose built, 18-courtroom facility will replace the ageing Mayor’s and City of London Court and the City of London Magistrates’ Court. The new venue will include 8 Crown
court rooms, court rooms magistrates’work. It will also focus on high level fraud work and have 2 court rooms
- Updated: Common
- Platform is now live in 9 additional criminal courts: in South Wales and Gwent at Cardiff Crown Court, Cardiff Magistrates’ Court, Merthyr Tydfil Magistrates’ Court, Llandrindod Wells Magistrates’ Court, Swansea Magistrates’ Court, Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court, Newport Crown Court, Newport Magistrates’ Court, and Cwmbran Magistrates’ Court.
- Courts in North Yorkshire will be going live with the system later in the year.
- Reminder: Criminal defence representatives should include the words “BAR ACTION” in the subject line of any email to the court about affected cases, so we can make the relevant judge aware as quickly as possible.
Updated:Applying for financial remedy applications on MyHMCTS has recently been improved. Legal professionals can now add themselves and replace existing representatives whenever necessary, making it easier to cover periods of annual leave. Improvements have also been made to the way documents are managed and Form C has been updated to include the efficiency statement and references to the Domestic Abuse Act 2021. More information on how to use the financial remedy service check our guidance on MyHMCTS. For detailed guidance on submitting an application watch our demonstration on YouTube.
Judicial guidance and announcements
- Week commencing Monday 25 July 2022
- Week commencing Monday 18 July 2022
- Week commencing Monday 11 July 2022
- Week commencing Monday 4 July 2022
- Week commencing Monday 27 June 2022
- Week commencing Monday 20 June 2022
- Week commencing Monday 13 June 2022
- Week commencing Monday 6 June 2022
- Week commencing Monday 30 May 2022
- Week commencing Monday 23 May 2022
- Week commencing Monday 16 May 2022
Week commencing Monday 9 May 2022